1 YEAR DOWN!!!!

WHAT A YEAR! Oh my goodness what a year it has been. The amount of highs and lows is absolutely crazy and I didn't think so much craziness was possible for less than one year of life. This new chapter has surpassed the word chaotic. The amount of change has been scary and exhilarating all at once, it's indescribable. My scenery has changed and I have changed. Looking back at this journey has me dumbfounded with how far i've come. thinking back to how hard last semester was to now how I am so sad to leave for the summer is insane. Through all of the drama when I first came here it was so worth it because it all brought me to where I am now. I have been more than blessed by God's radical grace by some pretty radical friends. I mean come on, Sophie McCannon. A walking blessing, I'm serious this girl has flipped my world. She reminds me a lot of Ruth. Sophie demonstrates the type of person I strive to be with relationship with God, her pure heart, and free spirit. She has always been nothing but a joy to be around and piles on piles of fun. She even stuck with me through all of the rough patches, next year is gonna be one for the books, and I don't think that Barret Hall is ready for us to be roommates, but I sure am. Then we got the boys, Matthew Ferreira, wow, what a guy. Meeting him has been transformational. I have never met someone with such a vibrant personality accompanied by such a gracious, fun, and loving heart. Matt amazes me by the person that he is, he is so real and he loves so deeply. Knowing Matt has helped me to meet so many beautiful souls who I cherish so much but getting to know who Matt is has been wonderful. There is never a dull moment with this kid and I can't wait for the next few years that I get to spend with him... and then we got Jacob Chapman (a.k.a. Zacob Chefron) if you know you know. I still remember that first day that I met Jacob in the library and thought that he was a little creepy, but I would not change it for the world. It took me a little while to figure him out, he's quite reserved until you get to know him and I can say that I'm pretty proud that I've broken through his hard shell because apparently not many people have. Hearing a kid like him open up to me was really special, hearing about his life and his story makes me appreciate who he is even more. Jacob embodies such a wholesome person, he has never shown to be anything but kind, trustworthy, fun, and a God-loving guy. Being able to just talk to these people brightens up my day and it makes me so sad to think that I have to go three months without seeing them. I always feel so uplifted after a day spent together. No matter how the next couple of years goes with our friendship, although I hope we stay just as close, I will always admire these souls and wish nothing but the best for them. They all make me want to be a better person, and they make me realize that you don't have to be doing anything to have a good time as long as we have each other. Some of my favorites memories are late night Whataburger, long talks in the bean, our very unproductive days in the library, watching Jacob try to show off on Fortnight, going as a group to Church and Midnight Worship, and even just hanging out in my car eating edible cookie dough under the stars. Those are the types of things that I want to remember about Freshman year. I have made so many good memories, and I have built such a solid relationship with God. The amount of peace that I have from that is so extravagant, just like MY God. A few months ago I questioned why God placed me here in Abilene, and I can now I know why. This funky little town of Abilene and the people in it have my whole heart. The weird streets with endless potholes, the abandoned buildings on every street corner, the over-abundance of churches per capita, all of it I love.  I LOVE it! Abilene Tx, thank you for transforming my heart and transforming my life. All in all, I could not have asked for a better Freshman year.... despite what the last couple posts might say:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drama Overload

Welcome to My Single Life

Boys Are Confusing